Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement for Financial Year Ending December 31,2017
Sealed Air Corporation's vision is to create a better way for life. It is a vision rooted in 新金莎正网开户sustainability and ethical business practices.It inspires us to continuously strive to develop purposeful innovations that not only fulfil our customers' needs but also protect 新金沙正网平台products being shipped,and improve the security and safety of the food we eat.
Since the Company's publication of its first Modern Slavery Statement in June 2017,in the past year we have continued our commitment to understanding risk,and ensuring we have in place the most effective responses to that risk as the very nature of our business requires a global culture of responsibility and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity and transparency in all business dealings;and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within the business or our supply chain. This statement sets forth our continued commitment to combat unethical practices in supply chains,as well as comply with requirements of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 and the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act ("the Acts").
OUR BUSINESS,STRUCTURE AND SUPPLY CHAIN
We are a global leader in food safety and security,and 新金沙正网平台product protection.We serve an array of markets including food and beverage processing,food service,retail,and commercial and consumer applications through our portfolio of widely recognized brands,including Cryovac®brand food packaging solutions,Bubble Wrap®brand cushioning,Jiffy®protective mailers,Instapak®foam‐in‐place systems and I‐Pack®and e‐Cube™automated packaging systems.In 2017,the Company generated revenue of approximately $4.5 billion by helping our customers achieve their 新金莎正网开户sustainability goals in the face of today's biggest social and environmental challenges.同年,the divestiture of one of the Company's brands ‘Diversey Care' marked a significant milestone and transformation of the Company.
We have approximately 15,000 employees globally and operate through our subsidiaries and have a presence in the United States and 58 other countries,enabling us to distribute our 新金沙正网平台products to our customers in 122 countries.
Our supply chains include the sourcing of raw materials,packaging components,contract manufactured goods,equipment and other direct materials,such as inks,films and paper principally related to the provision and manufacturing of goods.Our principal raw materials are polyolefin and other petrochemical‐based resins,as well as paper and wood pulp 新金沙正网平台products.
We have put in place a number of internal policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner.These include:
- Global Anti-Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.This policy sets forth our stance on modern slavery and how employees can identify any instances of these practices and where they can report potential non‐compliance.
- Code of Conduct.This provides the foundational standards of conduct for all aspects of our business,and is applicable to all our employees and operations globally.It includes provisions related to,among other things,ethical standards,compliance with laws,safe working conditions,and whistleblowing which encourages employees to raise concerns about issues they are observing or experiencing in the workplace or within our business functions without fear of reprisal.
- Supplier Code of Conduct. This code explains our commitment to ethical workplace practices and sets forth the ethical and legal standards we expect suppliers will adhere to and is aligned to the Company's Code of Conduct.Suppliers are required to demonstrate that they provide safe working conditions,treat workers with dignity and respect,and act in accordance with all laws and international and organizational standards governing slavery or forced labor(e.g.,International Labour Organization).Additionally,supplier violations of this code may lead to the termination of the business relationship.
DUE DILIGENCE & VERIFICATION OF SUPPLY CHAIN RISK
We expect all suppliers within our supply chain to comply with our values and standards set out in our companyCode of Conductand Supplier Code of Conduct.As part of our evaluation process,we may conduct due diligence when considering engaging new suppliers,and regularly review our existing suppliers by:
- Performing internal supplier audits or assessments through our own staff or a third-party,which may have a greater degree of focus on slavery and human trafficking where these types of risks are identified;and
- Demanding corrective measures In the event the company becomes aware of any actions or conditions not in compliance with our Supplier Code of Conduct.We also may terminate an agreement with any supplier who does not comply with our Supplier Code of Conduct or the contractual provisions governing compliance with laws and the provisions set forth in our Code of Conduct.
Our company has a robust global compliance training program in place comprised of mandatory training for employees related to code of conduct and ethical business practices using our E-Learning tool.We're committed to offering training to employees globally that is specifically related to awareness of modern slavery and trafficking in business.
PERFORMANCE INDICATORS & AUDITS
We are taking the following steps to measure and maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for suppliers who fail to meet company standards regarding slavery and trafficking and to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place within our business or supply chain:
- Our Supplier Code of Conduct was issued to suppliers.
- We may verify our suppliers' compliance with our Supplier Code of Conduct by conducting unannounced supplier audits or internal assessments.
- We require Suppliers agree to comply with all laws,our Code of Conduct and Supplier Code of Conduct,as applicable,by way of contractual provisions in our supplier agreements and purchase orders.
APPROVAL OF THIS STATEMENT
This statement is made pursuant to the relevant legal requirements of the United States(including the individual states therein)and the United Kingdom.
Senior Vice President & Chief Supply Chain Officer